Sunday, April 16, 2017

Keynotes #6: Morning Recovery Rituals by Dr Ken McGill, Counselor and Psychotherapist in Plano, TX


"Keynotes" are my brief comments about life and recovery and are intended to provide insight, inspiration, wisdom or humor to your day.
Do you practice daily recovery rituals that get your day off to a positive and constructive start? Do you exercise, read scripture, pray, meditate or focus on how you wish your day and your encounters to go?  What gives you purpose, stability, sanity and simultaneously focus to have a great day?
I like to read a chapter of Proverbs, pray to practice my values in my encounters with others and I like to read Melody Beattie's The Language of Letting Go. She's great and just in case you can't buy the book, you could access her "Daily Meditations" page by clicking here.
Keep practicing your daily recovery rituals. Don't give up on them and they'll serve you (and most likely others) well!

No comments:

Post a Comment