Sunday, April 16, 2017

Keynotes #2: Its OK to ask for Help by Dr Ken McGill, Counselor and Psychotherapist in Plano, TX


"Keynotes" are my brief comments about life and recovery and are intended to provide insight, inspiration, wisdom or humor to your day.
Today's "Key" is just a reminder that its OK to ask for help when you need it. As a man, when I didn't ask for help, I got into some unenviable and stressful situations that could have been avoided if I only opened my mouth to seek help. Today, I know I can't do life on my own and I know that its helpful to me (and to the other person who is the recipient of my request) to reach out to others.
So rewrite the old rules and allow yourself to seek or receive (or to give) help and assistance from/to someone who may need you as much as you need them!

No comments:

Post a Comment