Monday, April 17, 2017

"Bless someone today" by Dr Ken McGill, Counselor and Psychotherapist, Plano, TX


"The Father (Daddy) of a righteous man (Gabriel) has great joy; He (Daddy) who has a wise son (Gabriel) delights in him" - Proverbs 23:24 (TNIV)
Today is my son's 16th birthday and the verse printed above has been hanging in his room (and in my closet) for the past 7 years.  He has truly been a blessing to his Mom, his sister Marissa and to me through the years.
As a Dad, I always wanted to bless him and his sister, especially after reading a book called The Blessing, which I read when I was 17 years old.
At that time, I told myself if I ever have children, then I am going to practice these five principles in their lives, as outlined in the book: 
(1) To provide meaningful (and safe) physical touches, 
(2) I would speak positive messages to them, 
(3) I would attach high value to their life, 
(4) I would picture a special future for them, and 
(5) I would actively commit to ensure this blessing was cultivated in their lives.
I cannot convey how much my wife and I have been blessed by our children as we practiced these values from day one in our parenting with them. We have seen the "fruit of our labor" and if you are expecting, have young children, or if your children are grown, or if you wish to apply these principles with friends, family or coworkers, I think they will yield positive and fruitful returns.
Take a moment and bless someone today.  I hope you (and they) will be glad that you did!
Thanks for visiting and please visit the other blogs written by Dr Ken McGill: Dr Ken McGill's blog and Daily Bread for Life for additional information that could be helpful. I welcome your comments below or via email and your favorites, your retweets and your “+1’s” if you have a brief moment and find the information helpful. Again, it is my desire to provide the very best info for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment