Wednesday, May 3, 2017

"My Identity in Christ" by Dr Ken McGill, Counselor and Therapist in Plano, Frisco, TX


The scriptures below are truisms, affirmations and "re-mind-ders" of who I actually am and reading them remind and inspire me to live up to my DNA, my character.
As time permits, please take time to read them to remind you that you too are more than the sum of the behavior you have engaged in, committed in the past, or are currently struggling with.
Let God speak His gracious, loving and merciful truth to you. Be inspired by how God actually sees you, and receive and develop the gifts He so richly has deposited in you. May God continue to bless and empower you in your journey!
  1. I am faithful (Ephesians 1:1 - Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus).
  2. I am God’s child (John 1:12 - Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God).
  3. I have been justified (Romans 5:1 - Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ).
  4. I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15 - "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing").
  5. I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20 - You were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body).
  6. I am a member of Christ’s Body (1 Corinthians 12:27 - Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it).
  7. I am assured all things work together for good (Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose).
  8. I have been established, anointed and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21-22 - Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come).
  9. I am confident that God will perfect the work He has begun in me (Philippians 1:6 - ...Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus).
  10. I am a citizen of heaven (Philippians 3:20 - ...But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ).
  11. I am hidden with Christ in God (Colossians 3:3 - For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God).
  12. I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7 - For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline).
  13. I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18 - We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him).
  14. I am blessed in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3 - Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ).
  15. I am chosen before the creation of the world (Ephesians 1:4 - For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love...; In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will; Ephesians 1:11 - In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will).
  16. I am holy and blameless (Ephesians 1:4 - For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love...).
  17. I am adopted as his child (Ephesians 1:5 - ...He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will).
  18. I am given God’s glorious grace lavishly and without restriction (Ephesians 1:5,8 - ...He predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will; ...that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding).
  19. I am in Him (Ephesians 1:7 - In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace; 1 Corinthians 1:30 - It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption).
  20. I have redemption (Ephesians 1:8 - ...That He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding).
  21. I am forgiven (Ephesians 1:8 - ...That he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding; Colossians 1:14 - ...In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins).
  22. I have purpose (Ephesians 1:9 - And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ; Ephesians 3:11 -...According to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord).
  23. I have hope (Ephesians 1:12 - In order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory).
  24. I am included (Ephesians 1:13 - And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit).
  25. I am sealed with the promised Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13 - And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit).
  26. I am a saint (Ephesians 1:18 - I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints).
  27. I am salt and light of the earth (Matthew 5:13-14 - "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden).
  28. I have been chosen and God desires me to bear fruit (John 15:1,5 - "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.  5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing).
  29. I am a personal witness of Jesus Christ (Acts 1:8 - But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth").
  30. I am God’s coworker (2 Corinthians 6:1 - Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands).
  31. I am a minister of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:17-20 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God).
  32. I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5 - ...Made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions--it is by grace you have been saved).
  33. I am raised up with Christ (Ephesians 2:6 - ...And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus; Colossians 2:12 - ...Having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead).
  34. I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realms (Ephesians 2:6 - ...And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus).
  35. I have been shown the incomparable riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 2:7 - ...In order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus).
  36. I am safe (I John 5:18 - We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him).
  37. I am God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10 - For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do).
  38. I have been brought near to God through Christ’s blood (Ephesians 2:13 - But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ).
  39. I have peace (Ephesians 2:14 - For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility).
  40. I have access to the Father (Ephesians 2:18 - For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit).
  41. I am a member of God’s household (Ephesians 2:19 - Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household).
  42. I am secure (Ephesians 2:20 - ...Built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone).
  43. I am a holy temple (Ephesians 2:21 - In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord; 1 Corinthians 6:19 - Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own...).
  44. I am a dwelling for the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:22 - And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit).
  45. I share in the promise of Christ Jesus (Ephesians 3:6 - This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus).
  46. God’s power works through me (Ephesians 3:7 - I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given me through the working of his power).
  47. I can approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12 - In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence).
  48. I know there is a purpose for my sufferings (Ephesians 3:13 - I ask you, therefore, not to be discouraged because of my sufferings for you, which are your glory).
  49. I can grasp how wide, long, high and deep Christ’s love is (Ephesians 3:18 - ...May have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ).
  50. I am completed by God (Ephesians 3:19 - ...And to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God).
  51. I can bring glory to God (Ephesians 3:21 - ...To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen).
  52. I have been called (Ephesians 4:1 - As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received; 2 Timothy 1:9 - ...who has saved us and called us to a holy life--not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time).
  53. I can be humble, gentle, patient and lovingly tolerant of others (Ephesians 4:2 - Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love).
  54. I can mature spiritually (Ephesians 4:15 - Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ).
  55. I can be certain of God’s truths and the lifestyle which He has called me to (Ephesians 4:17 - So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking).
  56. I can have a new attitude and a new lifestyle (Ephesians 4:21-32 - Surely you heard of him and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. 25 Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body. 26 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold. 28 He who has been stealing must steal no longer, but must work, doing something useful with his own hands, that he may have something to share with those in need. 29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you).
  57. I can be kind and compassionate to others (Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you).
  58. I can forgive others (Ephesians 4:32 - Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you).
  59. I am a light to others, and can exhibit goodness, righteousness and truth (Ephesians 5:8-9 - For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth).
  60. I can understand what God’s will is (Ephesians 5:17 - Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is).
  61. I can give thanks for everything (Ephesians 5:20 - ...Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ).
  62. I don’t have to always have my own agenda (Ephesians 5:21 - Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ).
  63. I can honor God through marriage (Ephesians 5:22-33 - Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, 27 and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28 In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. 29 After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church-- 30 for we are members of his body. 31 "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." 32 This is a profound mystery--but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband).
  64. I can parent my children with composure (Ephesians 6:4 - Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord).
  65. I can be strong (Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power).
  66. I have God’s power (Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power).
  67. I can stand firm in the day of evil (Ephesians 6:13 - Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand).
  68. I am dead to sin (Romans 1:12 - ...That is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith).
  69. I am not alone (Hebrews 13:5 - Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you").
  70. I am growing (Colossians 2:7 - ...Rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness).
  71. I am part of God’s kingdom (Revelation 1:6 - ...And has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father--to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen).
  72. I am healed from sin (I Peter 2:24 - He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed).
  73. I am no longer condemned (Romans 8:1, 2 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death).
  74. I am not helpless (Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through him who gives me strength).
  75. I am overcoming (I John 4:4 - You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world).
  76. I am persevering (Philippians 3:14 - I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus).
  77. I am protected (John 10:28 - I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand).
  78. I am born again (I Peter 1:23 - Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth so that you have sincere love for your brothers, love one another deeply, from the heart).
  79. I am a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come).
  80. I am delivered (Colossians 1:13 - For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves).
  81. I am redeemed from the curse of the Law (Galatians 3:13 - Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree").
  82. I am qualified to share in His inheritance (Colossians 1:12 - ...Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light).
  83. I am victorious (1 Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ).
  84. I am a light in the world (Matthew 5:14 - "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden").
  85. I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37 - No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us).
  86. God has expressed His kindness to me (Ephesians 2:7 - ...In order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus).
  87. I am His disciple (John 13:15 - I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you).
  88. I am prayed for by Jesus Christ (John 17:20-23 - "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me).
  89. I am united with other believers (John 17:20-23 - "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: 23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me).
  90. I am not in want (Philippians 4:19 - And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus).
  91. I possess the mind of Christ (I Corinthians 2:16 - "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ).
  92. I am promised eternal life (John 6:47 - I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life).
  93. I am promised a full life (John 10:10 - The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full).
  94. I am victorious (I John 5:4 - ...For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith).
  95. My heart and mind is protected with God’s peace (Philippians 4:7 - And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus).
  96. I am chosen and dearly loved (Colossians 3:12 - Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience).
  97. I am blameless (I Corinthians 1:8 - He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ).
  98. I am set free (Romans 8:2 - ...because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death; John 8:32 - "...Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free").
  99. I am crucified with Christ (Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me).
  100. I am the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21 - God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God).
Thanks for visiting and please visit the other blogs written by Dr Ken McGill: Dr Ken McGill’s blog and “3-2-5-4-24” for additional information that could be helpful. I welcome your comments below or via email and your favorites, your retweets and your “+1’s” if you have a brief moment and find the information helpful. Again, it is my desire to provide the very best info for your consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment